Welcome to this page. This is the official web utility of BSMRAU for:
Oliver MD Moinul Hosain
Mr Oliver is a graduate of Agricultural Engineering – major in Irrigation and Water Management. Bangabandhu Agricultural University (BSMRAU) recruited him as a probationary Lecturer of Agricultural Engineering in 2009. Previously, he served the Ministry of Agriculture in extending micro-irrigation facilities in the eastern part of Bangladesh. He had also worked at the corporate headquarter of Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA) as an Assistant Secretary. It is worth noting that Bangladesh Agricultural Development Corporation (BADC) also recruited him as an Assistant Engineer for his performance in the irrigation sector.
He is currently on leave for higher studies and is in the first year of his PhD studies at the University of South Australia, Adelaide. The Australian Government’s initiative for prospective leaders in developing countries granted him the prestigious ALA scholarship for his outstanding academic and professional achievements.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science (continuing student) at UniSA, Adeaide
- Masters of Science in Irrigation and Water Management (2007 – 2009) from BAU, Mymensingh
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering (2002 – 2006) from DIWM, BAU, Mymensingh
- Higher Secondary Certificate (12th Grade Certificate) from Notre Dame College, Dhaka
- Member, Australian Leadership Award (ALA) Alumni
- Member, Institution of Engineers, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Member, Agriculturist Institution, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Oliver M.M.H., Talukder M.S.U., Ahmed M. (2008) Effect of alternate wetting and drying method on rice cultivation, Journal of Bangladesh Agricultural University, Vol. 6(2), pp. 409-414
- Oliver M.M.H., Talukder M.S.U., Hye M.A. (2006) Estimation of solar radiation for different regions of Bangladesh and its relation with the potential crop yield, Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Engineering, Vol. 17 (1& 2) pp. 49-57.
- Hasan M.M.H., Talukder M.S.U., Rahman M.M., Oliver M.M.H. (2008) Yield and water use of mugnbean under water stress condition, Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Sciences, Vol. 35 (2) pp. 147-152.
- Micro Irrigation Techniques
- Irrigation and Drainage Engineering
- Soil and Water Conservation
- Pipe Network System Analysis
- Fluid Mechanics and Open Channel Hydraulics
Software Packages of Interest
- HEC-RAS software developed by US Department of Defense, Army Corps of Engineers
- EPANET software developed by US Environmental Protection Agency
Oliver MD Moinul Hosain
School of Natural and Built Environments
University of South Australia
P2-50, Mawson Lakes
SA 5095, Australia
Thank you for visiting !